Last week was one of the hardest weeks of our lives, but there were some silver linings. I contracted the worst stomach bug ever that landed me in the Emergency Room two nights in a row for dehydration and low potassium because I couldn't keep anything in. Justin took great care of me, even though it was the epitome of the sickness part of "in sickness and in health."
I was so, so worried about the boys getting it because it surely would have had them hospitalized and I couldn't imagine their minds understanding what was happening. But nobody else got sick! (Silver lining!) Thankfully it was spring break so Honey was able to keep the boys all week while I recuperated (silver lining!)
This was the first time I had seen the boys in a week and we were all so happy to be reunited again!
One unexpected outcome was that Jackson was weaned after this. I was so dehydrated I couldn't keep my milk supply up and we were away from each other for 9 days so by the time we were reunited there wasn't any coming back from it. Jackson nursed for over 14 months and he was content to stop, so if he's happy, mama's happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us some love!