Joel took the whole "disposable diaper" thing seriously during nap. He wears cloth diapers most of his life. They have strong snaps that are virtually impossible for him to undo. But lately, with me being tired & pregnant, he's been in disposable diapers quite a bit. During nap, he decided to take it upon himself to dispose of said diaper. This is the first time it happened:
Thankfully, it was only wet that first time. But I didn't learn my lesson. Yet again, I put him down in just a disposable diaper and no pants. The next time he took it off it wasn't just wet...I'm sure you can see where this is going...
Poop was everywhere. He fingerpainted with it on the sheets, crib, and wall. Immediately when I walked in I could smell something was off, but it took me a minute to realize what he had done. When I did, I kind of just stood there staring trying to figure out the best way to tackle it. I decided a bath would be the most efficient method at that point so I did one of those carries where he was dangling far out in front of me. But while I was filling the tub, he escaped the bathroom and left little fecal footprints all along the carpet, so I got to clean that up, as well.
One of the reasons why I've been wanting him in disposable is so I wouldn't have to clean the poop off the cloth diapers, mostly for the benefit of my queasy stomach. But that 30-second cleanup is nothing compared to the 30-minute process this was!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us some love!