Joel had his first Thanksgiving!
It was a little different than our normal Thanksgiving, but we had a wonderful time. Typically we go to Sulphur Springs to visit my family, but extenuating circumstances made our typical plans change, so we had to start a new tradition. In the morning we volunteered at a local church serving Thanksgiving lunch. Then in the afternoon we had Justin's parents and brother + our longtime family friends, the Clayburns, over to celebrate with us. It was so fun!
Joel made some hand turkeys to decorate the dinner table.
And I made a chocolate pie for the dessert table! I used my Granny's recipe and it was seriously the best pie I've ever made. I might have finally mastered it after all these years!
After dinner we took a group photo using my phone's self-timer option. I had to set up the camera on the stairs then run down and join the group before the 10 seconds was up. We were all hooping and hollering as I ran and slid into my spot, which startled Joel and made him scream, as you can see. I think this picture is hilarious. Every. Single. Person. is looking at the camera, eyes open, and smiling beautifully! Except sweet Baby Joel, the poor dear. That is not an accurate depiction of his first Thanksgiving--overall it was wonderful! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us some love!