Sunday, October 12, 2014

Aggieland

We made the trip to Aggieland with Joel. We stopped by Sweet Eugene's coffee shop where Justin and I met in person for the first time.

Then we rode the shuttle from the mall to campus so we didn't have to worry about parking. Joel was sleeping in the stroller so we just loaded the whole thing up onto the bus. 

His stroller fan was on to keep him cool. A fellow passenger offered to take a picture of Joel and me. We were joking about taking pictures of "firsts" (no matter how random or insignificant...like riding a bus!) as I pushed the handle of his car seat down for the picture. The fan brushed the top of his head and the guy said, "First hair cut!" Ha! Luckily the fan is made of foam and did no damage. But it resulted in me laughing loudly and largely while the picture was being taking. As evidenced here:



Thankfully we all arrived with our hairs in tact.

We saw the renovated MSC...


And the first half of the new Kyle Field



We even saw the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band march in! Joel was a little alarmed by the sound.


I'm pretty sure that's what my face looked like as a freshman when I realized our dorm was right by the drill field where the band practiced at 5 a.m. every morning. I think we should have gotten a discount for that. Though some might argue we should have paid more--free daily performances of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band!

Hopefully these aren't the last of the pictures of Joel in Aggieland. 
After all, he is the proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2036! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!