My ideas for the nursery centered around that tiny little rocking chair in the bottom right corner of this picture:
One day Justin took me into Home Goods (one of my favorite stores) and told me I could pick out anything I wanted [within a reasonable price range, of course] and I picked that chair. I wasn't even pregnant yet. But I liked that chair and just knew some day I would be putting it in a little boy's nursery. Turns out I was right!
One day I was in Hobby Lobby and was shocked to find that exact fabric for sale. They also had coordinating colors of fabric in the chevron pattern. Using the coordinating fabrics, I made pillows, recovered the bench cushion, and covered the lamp shade.
I had found some graphic prints I wanted on Etsy, but they were very expensive for a piece of paper. Justin worked some photoshop magic to recreate and color coordinate them, then we printed them off at Kinkos for around a dollar.
Our friend & doula, Hunter, made this name banner for a shower, which is now on his door.
Of course he has a ton of books. This is only a small sampling!
I have pined over this dresser at Kirklands for years now and finally had a reason to buy it! The color was perfect to go with the chair and serves as the inspiration for the wall color.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave us some love!